Connect With Us
Confidence in Emergency Care
Solutions from Mosby’s Suite and Elsevier
Authoritative, online continuing education courses exclusively from Elsevier. Designed to support the professional development and evidence-based practice needs of emergency nurses.
- Authored by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- Based on the latest evidence and well-suited for use in a blended-learning program
- Appropriate for emergency nurses as well as nurses who practice in any acute care setting
- Includes interactive learning activities to help nurses hone their critical thinking skills
- Offers an opportunity to earn continuing education contact hours from ENA*
Orientation and Professional Development
ENA: Emergency Nursing Orientation 2.0
A blended-learning program that provides a broad base of content necessary for orientation and continuing education of new and experienced nurses in emergency or acute care settings.
- Includes 45 online lessons covering a broad range of topics from triage to patient assessment to end-of-life care and provides detailed information on a full range of medical and trauma emergencies
- Incorporates features that highlight key content, including Age-Specific Considerations and What’s the Evidence?
- Includes pre-tests to allow learners to assess areas of strength and those requiring further development and post-tests from a randomized test bank that reduces test repetition
- Offers a notebook with each lesson for note taking and reference
- Features an Introduction to Emergency Nursing Orientation 2.0 lesson that explains features of the course, how to use it, and how to incorporate the course into a blended learning orientation program
- Provides evidence-based nursing monographs from Mosby’s Nursing Consult
- Includes Preceptor Exercises with activities to encourage face-to-face discussions
ENA: Emergency Nursing Triage
Helps prepare nurses to perform efficient and effective triage, promoting the best possible patient outcomes.
- Includes 17 lessons, appropriate for nurses new to triage as well as experienced clinicians pursuing continuing education contact hours
- Organized by chief complaints, which creates a more realistic learning experience that aligns core content with the way patients actually present to the ED
- Based on the latest evidence
- Prepares nurses to perform triage in any setting regardless of the type of triage system used
- Includes a variety of multimedia elements such as photographs, audio, video, tables, and case studies to convey realistic scenarios that strengthen decision-making and critical-thinking skills
ENA: Handling Psychiatric Emergencies
A unique new course that focuses on creating a culture of safe practice and care. Helps nurses ensure workplace safety while providing optimal care to patients with psychiatric emergencies.
- Includes 15 lessons with post-tests and answers and rationales to reinforce learning
- Features an introductory lesson that explains features of the course and how to use it
- Includes custom, live-action videos that explore common psychiatric scenarios and interventions
- Offers notebook with each lesson for note taking and reference
- Incorporates features with useful information and tips that may be important to remember, such as Consult the Expert, Legal & Ethical Considerations, and Safety Alerts
ENA: Emergency Nursing Certification Review
An online course that provides healthcare organizations with a product specifically designed to help nurses prepare for the CEN® exam.
- Includes 17 lessons with post-tests including answers and rationales to reinforce learning
- Provides an in-depth review of emergency patient care
- Incorporates Fast Facts and Memory Tips with useful information and tips that may be important to remember for the exam
- Features two 3-hour practice exams constructed according to the CEN exam blueprint, simulating the actual testing experience
ENA: Pediatric Emergency Nursing Certification Review
Helps emergency nurses provide safe, effective care to pediatric patients. An interactive online course that follows the blueprint for the CPEN® exam and helps nurses prepare for this challenging exam.
- Includes 19 lessons with post-tests including answers and rationales to reinforce learning
- Provides an in-depth review of emergency pediatric patient care
- Incorporates unique features with useful information and tips that may be important to remember for the exam, such as If the Shoe Fits (developmental ability or age-specific concerns) and Pharmacology Alert
- Incorporates Knowledge Check self-assessments to help nurses verify their understanding of the content
- Features two 175-question practice exams constructed according to the latest CPEN exam blueprint, simulating the actual testing experience
* The Emergency Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.The Emergency Nurses Association is recognized as a provider of continuing education in nursing. California Continuing Education Provider #CEP2322.